ITS General Computing

Downloading and Transferring Files FAQ

Show All Answers

How do I download and transfer files between computers (using SFTP)?

You can use MFile on the web. See Using Your AFS Home Directory Over the Web with MFile.

Or you can use Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) software to download and upload files.

How do I save files to my AFS home directory and transfer copies of those files to my computer?

The easiest way is to use MFile via the web.

Or you can use SFTP software:

How do I download software from the Software Distribution Directory?

Information and Technology Services (ITS) provides site licensed and other software to campus in the Software Distribution Directory in AFS. See Obtaining Software From the Software Distribution Directory for how to download software from this directory.

My question about transferring files isn't in this list. Who can I ask for help?

The ITS Service Center can answer your questions about transferring files at U-M.

These services are available to members of the University of Michigan community only.