Copy Card Program
Sites Printing, in development with the Entree Plus office, has created a new copy card program. This service allows students to make photocopies on Campus Computing Sites multi-function devices (MFDs) with a simple swipe of their Mcard. The Mcard serves as authentication as well as a portal to the 400 page sides included in the standard computing services. Students can now make copies without ever having to set up a pre-funded account, purchase an exclusive "copy-only card", or dig for loose change. Sites Printing also worked to ensure that these MFDs serve as printers as well as copiers.
Copy-Card Printers are currently available in the following locations:
- Angell Hall
- Duderstadt Center
- Ford School
- Language Resource Center (North Quad)
- Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Michigan Union
- Palmer Commons Windows Room
- Psychology 1236
- Psychology 4464
- School of Music
- School of Social Work
- Shapiro Library
- University Library locations *
- West Quad
* Information on the copy services in the University Library locations is available online.
Making Copies using your Mcard
Copies made using your Mcard are charged to your standard computing services printing allocation. You can make 50 copies per swipe. If you want to make a copy of multiple pages at one time, place the pages face-up in the top feeder tray.
- Swipe your Mcard. After swiping your Mcard, you will have 15 seconds to select your copy options and start copying.
- If you need more time, you can press the HOLD button located in the bottom left corner of the card reader. This will pause the timer and allow you as much time as you need to make your copies.
- After each copy, the timer will reset and begin counting down. Again, if you need more time, press the HOLD button on the card reader.
- When you are done, press the QUIT button on the card reader to disassociate it from your Mcard.
If you suspect a faulty Mcard, you can go an Mcard Center for a new card.
Copy Card Tips and Facts
- After successfully completing copies, the reader times out after 15 seconds of inactivity. This is to protect users from being taken advantage of by other users.
- As another form of protection, users can only copy up to 50 pages before being forced to swipe their card again.
- Users are encouraged to press the QUIT button at the bottom right of the copy card reader to "end their session." This will prevent other users stealing any available copies (up to 50 pages).
- There is a HOLD button on the reader that will allow users to increase the 15 second timeout. The reader will remain in the "hold" state until copying begins.
- The readers will hold up to 500 jobs without network activity, then report an error. Once it reconnects with the network, it will send the 500 jobs appropriately.
- An Entree Plus office server sends charging data nightly to an AFS location designated for pickup by Sites.
- ABS generates a list of who is allowed to use this service daily. If the card reader indicates your account is invalid, please visit the ITS Service Center.