Individual U-M Box Accounts
- Direct your browser to box.it.umich.edu.
- If prompted, enter your uniqname in the Login ID field and your UMICH password in the password field.
- Click OK. You will be directed to your U-M Box Home screen
- Current U-M students, faculty and staff are eligible to open accounts. U-M Box accounts are not available to those with friend accounts.
- If you are already logged into another U-M system with your UMICH password, you will not need to log in to U-M Box.
- Trouble logging in?
- We recommend using the Log In button on the left or starting at box.it.umich.edu — you'll go directly to the U-M Weblogin page to log into U-M Box.
- If you start at umich.box.com, click Continue and you will be directed to the U-M Weblogin page to log into U-M Box.
- The name displayed by U-M Box is synced with the preferred name in Wolverine Access. This overwrites your name in U-M Box if you have manually changed it. Please update your U-M Preferred Name in Wolverine Access to the name you wish to use to prevent this from happening with any future syncing activities. Learn more about the U-M Preferred Name Policy and Your Directory Entry.
To fully log-out:
- Click the down arrow next to your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select Log Out. You will be directed to the U-M Box Login page.
- You can log out of all weblogin applications by selecting the all web applications link.
Note: If you do not select the all web applications link, you will still be logged in with your uniqname and UMICH password. On a shared computer, this could allow others to access your information on other UMICH services.
Set Up & Get Started
Note: You can get help any time from within the Box web app in your browser by clicking the question mark button in the lower righthand corner.