The Collaboration Team schedules and delivers training sessions for U-M Google/U-M Box several times a year for conferences on the University of Michigan Ann Arbor campus. Training can be requested for those just beginning to use the U-M Google and U-M Box services, as well as those looking to increase their knowledge on a specific service. We understand that the needs and circumstances of each department/team on campus are unique. Therefore, we will also customize training sessions when requested.
Click here to request training for U-M Google/U-M Box, or use the Request Training button at the bottom of this page. If you have any problems with this form, please contact the ITS Service Center.
***Please keep in mind that completing this Training Request form is the beginning of a conversation around your training needs for U-M Google and U-M Box. It is not intended to be a comprehensive assessment of all possible options for training. Once your request is reviewed, someone from the Collaboration team will contact you directly to discuss further.
Items to consider when requesting training:
- Training delivery - In-person presentation (30 minute overview, 60 minute w/demo, 2 hour w/hands-on), live webinar/recording, Chalk Talk~,
- Training location
- Availability of computers for hand-on training
- Expected number of participants
- Any urgency for training
- Time allocated for training
- Level of experience in audience
- Marketing options for presentation
~ Chalk Talk: members of the Collaboration team will be available for an informal Question and Answer session.
Why your department/team might need training:
- Starting to use cloud services
- Hands-on help when learning cloud services
- Interactive Q&A for clarification on how-to in Google Apps for Education and U-M Box
- Assistance with improving communication and collaboration using the tools available at U-M
- Greater in-depth knowledge of how to use the Google Apps for Education/U-M Box features to their full potential
- Assistance determining which cloud service should be used by your department/team
- Assistance determining where to store your sensitive / HIPAA data
Other potential training aids for the U-M Google and U-M Box Collaboration services: