Join the M+Box Updates MCommunity group to receive important news.
M+Box Tip: Disable Notification for Folders
One of our favorite things on the M+Box team is hearing from the U-M community about how they are using M+Box at work, including tips and tricks they've learned. Recently, we got a great M+Box tip from Kellie Brown and Kim Wooton from ITS, who showed us how to suppress change notifications to a Box folder.
Owners and co-owners of a folder can suppress all notifications on a folder by clicking the More Options drop-down next to the appropriate folder on the All Files page (or from within a folder) then click Properties > Email Options.
Once the Folder Properties window options, click the Disable notifications for this folder checkbox to suppress all notifications on a folder. Once selected, no one will receive email notifications about changes to this folder.
This is great knowledge to have as we all know how annoying constant email notification can be. If you've got tips you use with M+Box, please take a few minutes and share with the community. It's something we will all benefit from!
Box File Size Update
Good news! You can now upload files of up to 15GB into Box, up from the previous 10GB limit. See below for more details:
Box Ending Support for MS Office 2007
As we announced in September, Box is ending support for all Box for Office 2007 integrations for Windows users. All Windows users must upgrade to the new version of Box for Office integration before January 31.
- Users on MiWorkspace machines will be upgraded automatically and do not need to take any action.
- Those on Office 2010 or 2013 must also upgrade to the newest version of Box for Office integration as the old version will no longer be supported.
Instructions for Individuals
NOTE: Box for Office requires Windows 7 or higher, Office 2010 or higher, and administrative rights for installation.
Instructions for IT Staff
More information for IT staff
For additional information and documentation, please see Box for Office Desktop Integrations and the Office 2007 EOL notice.
December Monthly Updates
- Redesigned Updates and Profile Pages in the Web Application: Box released redesigned Updates and Profile pages in the Web application for a streamlined new look.
- External Image Support in Box Notes: Box Notes now supports external images, so users can choose to either insert images into Box Notes by copying and pasting links to external images from any site or by copying and pasting a shared link from an existing image on Box. For more information, please see Box Notes: How do I Insert an Image?
- Box Notes URL Enhancement: Box has changed the Box Notes URLs that appear in the browser address bar. Users will be able to bookmark a BoxNote and come back to it later without experiencing an error message. Previously saved URLs will continue to be backwards compatible and redirect to the new style.
- Box Trust: Box Trust is an initiative to help customers successfully embrace a modern security framework as they move information and collaboration to the cloud. The Box Trust Ecosystem provides guidance on the required controls to protect content in the cloud. Also, Box Trust only uses vetted security and governance partners to provide the required controls. (For example, Symantec, OpenDNS, Palo Alto Networks, Sumo Logic, and Splunk.) Review the full list of Box Trust partners.
Previous M+Box Updates »