ITS General Computing

Purchasing ITS Services

Funding and Payment Options

All standard computing services-eligible people may purchase computing services beyond what is provided at no charge in the standard computing services. If you are not eligible for the services, yet are affiliated with the University of Michigan, some services may be purchased or funded for you by your department. Funding and payment options vary according to your university affiliation:


Charged-for computing services used by students are billed directly to their university Student Account. (This is the same account through which tuition and other fees are billed.) Printing charges appear on the statement as "ITS - Sites B&W Printing", "ITS - Sites Color Printing", or "ITS - Sites Poster Print" depending on how you accrued the charge. Other charges appear on the statement as "Additional Computing Services."

Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff who use computing services from Information and Technology Services (ITS) beyond those in the standard computing services may be able to have the charges billed to a departmental shortcode. Check with your departmental administrator.

Users with access to a departmental shortcode can visit Print Account Provisioning to set up a print account. The ITS Service Center staff can answer questions concerning creation of these accounts.

Sponsored People

Sponsored people receive most of the Standard Computing Services automatically. See Computing Services for Sponsored People for details.

If sponsored people need a printing allocation, departments can request this by using the Request an Account tab on the Print Account Provisioning page.


Alumni maintain access to some of their computing services. See What Happens to Your Uniqname, Directory Profile, and Computing Services After You Leave U-M.